About Our Firm
MESSAGE FROM DAVID
As a seasoned attorney, I will work diligently and tirelessly on your behalf. I began my career as a prosecutor and, after nearly a decade of private sector work, I have committed myself to defending the rights of New Yorkers and their families.
As your attorney, you will find that I exhibit a powerful combination of proven legal expertise, solid communication skills, and hands-on trial experience. I can also bring to the table:
- Excellent and strategic case-management skills with the experience required to remain highly focused and self-possessed in fast-paced, demanding, and exacting environments.
- Highly developed and effective communication skills with a proven capacity to gain the support and respect of court officers, peers, jurors, and witnesses.
- Proven ability to generate solid research, draft persuasive motions, and negotiate fair resolutions.
These skills combined with my strong sense of professional integrity have contributed significantly to my successes as well as my achievements. I thrive on challenges and — rest assured — will spend the time and effort it takes to defend your rights. Every defendant’s circumstances are unique, and a defense attorney’s discretion and experience is vital when determining whether to pursue trial, plea arrangement, or an alternative sentencing platform.
University of New Mexico
Colorado State University
Bachelor of Arts
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Native American Bar Association
- National Police Accountability Project
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- The American Association of Justice
Bar Admissions / Court Admissions
- State of Colorado
- State of New York
- District of Colorado (Federal)
- Southern District of New York (Federal)
- Eastern District of New York (Federal)
Submit this form to have your case reviewed by our attorney.
Our Practice Areas
Meet Our Attorney
David S. Leigh
David S. Leigh is a New York City Personal Injury Lawyer committed to helping those in the New York Metro area recover and find fair compensation after an accident or injury.
RECENTLY ON OUR BLOG
Dog Bite Law in New York: When Is There Strict Liability?
It might seem like a simple area of the law, but across the United States, dog bite law is complicated and difficult to understand. Not only do the scenarios and circumstances of a dog bite vary greatly, but also each state has very different rules and laws. In one state, it could be very clear…
What Are Punitive Damages in a NY Personal Injury Case?
After a car accident, pedestrian accidents, slips and fall, dog bite, or another personal injury a NY personal injury case allows those harmed to seek damages. Damage, also called compensation by NY lawyers and courts, are meant to put the plaintiff back in the same position as before the accident or injury. There are two…