Learn More About David Leigh
After an accident or injury, your main focus is on receiving medical care and getting better – but returning your life to normal costs time and money. It quickly becomes apparent as medical bills arrive and days off work accumulate. Put simply, a personal injury requires more than physical recovery. And in many cases, the financial burden should not fall on you. A personal injury case is a legal path to financial, medical, and mental recovery after any personal injury.
Law Office of David S. Leigh, P.C. is here to assist with your personal injury claim. We approach your case with concern and understanding for your current circumstances but fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve after an accident. Our NYC Personal Injury law firm proudly represents individuals suffering from vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, construction accidents, and more.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
Car and truck accidents are among the most common cause of personal injury in New York City. Given the frequency, you might assume these cases are straightforward and easy to settle, but even a minor fender-bender can turn into a complicated lawsuit. Law Office of David S. Leigh, P.C. is experienced at handling car, truck, and SUV accidents without the headaches associated with dealing with insurance companies on your own.
Collisions between pedestrians and passenger vehicles lead to very serious-even fatal-injuries every year. The costs associated with a pedestrian accident are high, but with a knowledgeable New York City lawyer, you can fight for recovery from a pedestrian accident.
After a motorcycle accident, most riders are fully focused on their physical recovery and repairing a damaged bike. Addressing these unfortunate outcomes requires a lot of cash. Luckily, these costs can be recovered through a motorcycle accident case in New York City.
Injuries from a collision between cyclist and passenger vehicle can take a long time to heal and lead to hefty costs. As a cyclist, you need a tough personal injury lawyer to argue for your recovery and ensure all applicable damages are paid. The Law Office of David S. Leigh, P.C. helps you get back on the bike.
SLIP AND FALL CASES
Even though slip and fall accidents are extremely common, they are some of the toughest cases to win. Whether you are up against a national grocery store or the local government to recover the expenses of a slip and fall, Law Office of David S. Leigh, P.C. has the legal tools to help you.
TRAIN AND SUBWAY ACCIDENTS
There are hundreds of personal injury lawyers in NYC, but few focus their practice on the accident and injuries aboard public transportation. Law Office of David S. Leigh, P.C. takes clients that suffer minor falls and substantial harm on the trains and subway of New York City.
Dog bites or attacks are often fast and unsuspecting., It is difficult to know where to turn and who can help. A personal injury lawyer at Law Office of David S. Leigh, P.C. can offer the legal advice and assistance you need to heal physical injuries and start on the road to mental and emotional recovery.
Construction sites are the most common location for workplace injuries, but each year hundreds of incidents go unreported and compensation for medical costs are left unpaid. Hold the appropriate parties accountable for a construction accident by hiring Law Office of David S. Leigh, PC.
The sudden and devastating loss of a loved one is only made more difficult when negligence is to blame for their death. A wrongful death lawsuit can hold the negligent party accountable and bring closure. While money is the only remedy a court can provide, it will help your family grieve and move on without that special person.
You Need a Dedicated Civil Rights Lawyer
An infringement on your civil rights in New York City is a personal and hurtful offense. An incident, irrespective of the violation or injustice, can make you feel belittled and insignificant. Our New York City law firm is here to give you a voice, break the boundaries on advancing civil rights, and squash future injustices. Lawyer, David S. Leigh can take these bold steps in stopping violations because you trust him as your New York City civil rights lawyer.
TOP NYC PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Anyone who suffered a serious or substantial injury should speak with an NYC personal injury lawyer. The costs of a personal injury in NYC are high. Covering these costs can become a financial nightmare and cause repercussions across other aspects of your life. An NYC personal injury claim could prevent missing regular payments or going into debt after a serious injury.
More importantly, when your injury was caused by the recklessness or negligence of another person you may be entitled to damages. Victims of personal injury accidents should not bear the financial and physical consequences of someone else’s negligence. An NYC personal injury lawyer at Law Office of David S. Leigh P.C. can help you recover what is owed.
Hiring an NYC personal injury lawyer is imperative when:
- You suffered a debilitating and life-changing accident: NYC accidents can require a substantial recovery period and/or life-long physical and emotional. A trust NYC personal injury lawyer can seek proper and full compensation.
- You are unable to return to work after an injury: you can claim lost wages in an NYC personal injury case and an NYC lawyer can assist with calculating these losses and ensuring you demand other losses after a personal injury.
- An accident or injury was emotionally upsetting: not all harm from an NYC accident is physical. When a physical injury is particularly distressing or extreme, it can lead to substantial emotional distress or pain and suffering. In NYC, these sources of non-economic damages can be recovered with the help of an NYC personal injury lawyer.
Whether your injuries are from a motorcycle accident, train and subway accident, or construction incident, your NYC personal injury lawyer becomes your biggest legal resource and a major source of support.
Representation in these cases involves much more than filing documents with the court or answering emails. At the Law Office of David S. Leigh P.C., we provide comprehensive and robust legal services that support clients through every stage of a personal injury case.
When you hire our NYC-based law firm, your lawyer will handle all aspects of your lawsuit, including:
- Complete all necessary paperwork on time and accurately;
- Handle due diligence and the collection of information on your accident;
- Track deadlines, conferences, and court hearings for your case;
- Negotiate with insurers and explain the role of insurance companies in your claim;
- Provide you with a better understanding of the law and the outcome of your case;
- Contact expert witnesses to provide evidence or testify in your case; and
- Advise on options for alternative dispute resolution, settlement, and going to trial.
It is also an NYC personal injury lawyer’s familiarity with the law, experience with NYC courts, and network of expert witnesses and other professionals that can make a difference in your case.
At the Law Office of David S. Leigh P.C., we are with you every step of an NYC personal injury claim. It is also the job of your NYC accident lawyer to explain and communicate each and every step of the legal process. We help you navigate:
- The courts;
- Communication with the opposing party;
- Medical records;
- Collection of evidence; and
- Insurance claims.
While your case could take a very different direction because of individual circumstances or responses by the at-fault party, you can anticipate these steps after hiring an NYC personal injury lawyer:
- Collect medical records: Your lawyer, and eventually the court, will need to review and verify the cost of your medical treatment. You will need to obtain medical bills, charts, and even doctor’s notes or assessments when these are important to confirming the cause of your injuries.
- Obtain eyewitness statements: If someone else saw your construction accident, vehicle collisions, or pedestrian accident, there needs to be a record of what the individual saw. The sooner that record is made and assessed by your NYC personal injury lawyer, the better. Memory can become skewed or unreliable soon after an accident or injury.
- Make your own record of the accident: You may be called to testify or recount an accident or injury, particularly if there is doubt or discrepancy to the opposing party’s negligence. You want to write down your version of events very soon after the accident.
- Calculate your costs and losses for a claim: Your NYC personal injury lawyer will want to understand the full scope of your damages from a personal injury. These damages include both economic costs, such as medical bills and physical therapy, and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
- Develop a strategy for your case: Once sufficient evidence is collected, an NYC personal injury lawyer begins assembling a coherent case against the at-fault party. Putting together a legal strategy requires substantial information about you, as an individual and the circumstances of your accident, and the financial implications of a personal injury.
To file and build an NYC personal injury claim requires specific skill, knowledge and legal training. As a professional with the necessary experience in personal injury cases, an NYC lawyer greatly improves your chances of a full and efficient recovery.
An NYC lawyer gives you certainty over your personal injury claim. When it comes to fully understanding a personal injury case in NYC, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you certain you calculated all costs related to your personal injury?
- Are you certain you named all negligent parties in a lawsuit and named them correctly?
- Are you certain you would file your claim with the right court in NYC?
- Are you certain you correctly completed all paperwork for your personal injury claim?
- Are you certain you provided the right response to the opposing party and insurance adjuster on your personal injury claim?
- Are you certain you will recover the damages and losses you deserve after a personal injury in NYC?
At Law Office of David S. Leigh P.C., you can speak with a personal injury lawyer in NYC for free. In this initial consultation, we discuss the facts of your accident or injury, the cause of your injuries, and the legal basis for your case. We believe you will leave this consultation understanding why you need an NYC personal injury lawyer and knowing that the Law Office of David S. Leigh, P.C. is the right lawyer for your case.
The legal process and procedure of a personal injury lawsuit can be complicated. There are strict deadlines, complicated legal requirements, and confusing legal language that all make the process of a personal injury lawsuit in NYC overwhelming. Working with an NYC personal injury lawyer can ease these complexities.
Here at Law Office of David S. Leigh P.C., we are known for streamlining the personal injury process and providing explicit information on your personal injury case.
Yet, every NYC personal injury lawsuit is unique. Even if your injuries are similar to a prior case or are among the common accidents in New York City, your case could be very different from any previous lawsuit.
Your lawyer should develop a strategy that accounts for the circumstances of your accident, response of the at-fault party, and your personal goals. This is one reason you need an NYC lawyer that is dedicated to individualized legal services, such as our team at Law Office of David S. Leigh P.C.
RECENTLY ON OUR BLOG
What Are the Leading Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in New York City?
The number of pedestrian accidents in New York City for both 2017 and 2018 was far fewer than in previous years. This drop in accidents is attributed to greater awareness of pedestrian fatalities, reduced speed limits in many parts of the city, and changes to traffic patterns and crosswalk timing. Some of these changes are…
Top Tips for Dealing With an Insurance Company After a NY Car Accident
An NY car accident can happen in an instant, but the repercussions and recovery could take months. Crucial to your recovery process, particularly necessary medical and financial recovery, is cooperation by the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Yet, many individuals injured in an NY car accident find that dealing with insurance companies is a frustrating part…